Sunday, May 31, 2015

A Teaching & Twins Post!

My first combined Twins & Teaching post….a little something of each.

Friday was the last day of school with my 68 kids.  I teared up several times in front of the kids, and once more after they left. Not many middle school teachers do that, I don’t think.
The first two years of my career were something insane and, to be honest, it was a relief for the kids to leave. I was way too stressed out in that environment, and it just wasn’t for me. This year? Super sap. I’m not ready to say goodbye. (Or “see you later”.) I know I’ll see them again when they come visit. They are just flat-out awesome kids. They are some of the sweetest, most thoughtful young humans ever. The incoming class has big shoes to fill, let me tell ya. I received a few very thoughtful gifts, too, as well as the sweetest card from a parent that I kind of want to frame. A significant majority of the time, they rocked. (Like 99% of the time.) Yeah, we had our moments, but they were very far and few between. I will miss them so much. How could I not, after them being part of my daily life since August? Daily as in weekends, also…oh the grading with being an ELA teacher. I worked my ass off this year, and was actually able to enjoy it SO much more because of the wonderful environment. Competent and effective administrators and well-behaved kids make an incredible difference. (Even the ones who weren’t as well-behaved were still great compared to the hell I dealt with my first 2 years. Still working on blocking most of that out while still keeping enough in mind to not take small issues for granted in my current position.) I definitely had some downs this year, but mostly ups.
What a year.
I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
Next year should be insane. I return mid-September from maternity leave and am hoping to not completely lose my mind…not counting on it.

Now, onto the update!


How far along? 
34 whopping weeks.
Total weight gain:  
The scale at the Dr. office indicates 40 lbs…however I’m retaining a bit of water in my lower extremities and don’t believe that number.
Maternity clothes? 
Always.  I’ve given up on pants, though. It's such a struggle. 
Stretch marks? 
Did you know they hurt?! If I touch them or something touches my belly, it actually hurts/stings. So over that!!
Movement? 
Smaller since they're running out of space...
Sleep?
Ugh. I work up a sweat getting comfortable. 
Best moment this week: 
Fully finishing the WHOLE school year on Friday! And all the love from my students…I’ll seriously miss them.
And when the chiropractor fixed my ankles. She’s brilliant.
Miss Anything? 
Putting pants on without having to hold onto the bed for support. Not being hungry all the time. (Seriously, eating is a lot of work, people!)
Food cravings:  
I randomly craved champagne…and a strawberry smoothie. I believe I’ll make one of those two things happen ASAP.
Anything making you queasy or sick:
Nope.  
Gender: 
 Boys!
Labor Signs:  
My NP says I’m starting to efface…!
Symptoms:  
Back pain (Thank God for chiropractors), heartburn is getting worse, Michelin man ankles and feet.
Belly Button in or out? 
Flat. Oh, and numb. Didn’t know skin goes numb!
Happy or Moody most of the time:  
Happy…but uncomfortable!
Looking forward to: 

Lying on the couch this time next week with no commitments except Dr. appointments!

No comments:

Post a Comment