Sunday, April 19, 2015

It's the Final Countdown!

We are at 28 weeks. It is just sad how fast time flies! I've realized this is that point in our lives, when we're pregnant, that we start saying that and it's actually true. You say it through college, you say it after when you've started your career, but the cliche actually becomes true when you've got a fetus or two (or more!) all up in your guts. Maybe THAT is what officially makes us adults? Still hashing out that conundrum. 

And half my friends reading this are thinking "Welp, I've lost another one to the dark side."
I love you all. 



How far along?  28 weeks! Less than 10 to go...yikes! 
Total weight gain:   About 20? I will be weighed again on Wednesday! It was 18 pounds at my last appointment almost 2 weeks ago. 
Maternity clothes?  Absolutely! I can get away with some of Kevin's size L's though which is nice, because I'm not buying any more workout shirts at this point in the game. 
Stretch marks?  My body has turned on me. I woke up with one, and then overnight it seems came 3 or 4 more. They're in the area formerly known as my bellybutton. 
Movement?  Just about all day, every day! I will be so skinny chasing these animals around. 
Sleep? Once I can get comfortable, like a rock. I feel like I sleep harder than I did before I was pregnant! I also really like naps these days, around 4:30/5ish after I get home from school.


Best moment this week:  Last night we met a gentleman while in line for ice cream (I was a walking cliche, let me tell ya) who guessed that I was 6.5 months along (how generous of him) and it turns out he has a twin sister and was one of the nicest guys I've met! 
Miss Anything?   Wine. Sleeping without being poked. The absence of back pain. 
Food cravings:   Thursday  night, I really wanted cheesecake and ice cream. I refrained since I had my glucose test (results pending) yesterday morning. Got ice cream last night, though ;) 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still having a slight aversion to eggs and red meat at certain times. 
Starting to show yet? This is a trick question, right? 
Gender:   Boys!
Labor Signs:   Having what I believe are Braxton Hicks contractions here & there but nothing serious at all.
Symptoms:   Heartburn. Randomly swollen ankles. Ribs are sore alllll the way around. 
Belly Button in or out?   It can't decide. It's at a stage of flatness, trying to decide what to do. 
Wedding rings on or off?   On but I feel like I'll be saying goodbye to them shortly! I've taken them off a few times in the past week. 
Happy or Moody most of the time:   Happy! 


Looking forward to:  Finishing the organizing of their room (lol, if you know me, that stage will never happen.) and my work shower next week with the awesome ladies I work with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment