Saturday, April 11, 2015

26 Week Update & Dr. Seuss Babies Shower

Ok, I'm 27 weeks...so pretend we're time traveling back a week, alright?

Last weekend was our beyond wonderful babies shower, Dr. Seuss themed. My wonderful cousin, Vicky, to whose freakishly adorable children Kevin and I are Godparents to, threw it at her house. She's quite a party planner. We brainstormed a lot together over cute ideas, and between her, my mom, MIL & several aunts, pulled this party off.

First, Open House Shower. Greatest idea of my life. (Thank you, Pinterest.)
Raise your hand if you're tiiiiiired of sitting in a church hall or similar locale, eat, play cliche games, share how you know the bride/mother-to-be, eat cake and then watch the bride/m2b open gifts for what seems like an excruciatingly long time?
My hand is raised. Yours probably is too, but I won't tell.
Sure, I'll of COURSE go to these showers because I love my people and showers are exciting no matter the purpose, but someone had to jazz it up. I'm hoping the rest of my generation will set a new trend.
This Open House Shower was basically like a graduation party...come, talk to me and the hubby for a bit, leave your (very generous and thoughtful!!!!) gift, eat not enough food because you don't want to be judged, hang out, leave when you wanna. Simple as that.

Second: The pictures. That's what you really want to see, I know. We stole most of these ideas from Pinterest. We're not THAT creative...






Cutesey table where people can write in these books for the boys and then leave us messages on diapers for 3AM changings! 


This sign was about 6 feet tall...any elementary teachers have a Dr. Seuss themed room that would use this? 

Cake pops. Chocolate-dipped pretzels. Cupcakes. Best table ever. 




Bubble blankets!!!!! Vicky found these on Pinterest awhile ago and decided I wanted one, too. Her mom, my super crafty-and-great-with-a-sewing-machine Aunt Kim made two for the boys! I'm super stoked about these! 

Kevin's Uncle Al has a fancy carving machine that does what the computer tells it to do, so
he carved these and his mom painted them! SO awesome! 











These pictures do not do it justice....so. many. bags.
It was slightly overwhelming!! 




How far along? "26" Weeks
Total weight gain: 18 pounds. Allllll belly, baby. 
Maternity clothes? Yup. 

Stretch marks? None yet! Pretty sure I'll see some soon :(
Sleep: Difficult to get comfortable, but I sleep pretty hard once I do!  
Best moment this week: My bestie, Alicia, getting to go to the ultrasound with me and getting to see the boys in real-ish life! 

Miss Anything? Wine. The absence of back pain. 
Movement: Allllll the time. Baby B is crazy in there! 
Food cravings: Sprinkle donut...nothing too crazy. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not this week!  
Gender: Boys! 
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks contractions! 

Belly Button in or out? Mostly out, but not all the way. In depending on their locations. 
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY!
Looking forward to: We may have a list of real possibilities for names! (That will remain a secret until they are outside of my body.)

No comments:

Post a Comment