Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Month 1 Favorites/Shopping Guide

During my pregnancy, I read through a blog of a woman in Texas who has fraternal twin girls. Part of her blog was posting monthly about her favorite things for her babies, which I found suuuuper helpful. We even registered for a few things because of her recommendations. 
Below, I've compiled my favorites of the many things we use daily (or so) in caring for the Kirtwins. Links are included on most items for your shopping/perusing convenience.  
*I am not being paid by any of these companies to endorse their products.*



1. Fisher-Price Deluxe Rock 'n Play-The boys sleep in these (or not) when we're not holding them. These are small, therefore perfect, for our small house where there's not a ton of space. We just drag them to and from the bedroom and living room, which works pretty well. This contraption also has a feature that rocks it, as well as plays music/nature sounds for up to 6 hours, which is awesome so you don't have to worry about dealing with that at night. 

2. Aden and Anais Swaddle Blankets-We like these because they're super lightweight and are huge, which makes it easy to swaddle them in! The weather has been pretty mild so far this summer, and babies need an extra layer on top of their regular clothes. These aren't too heavy and work perfectly! This brand makes the swaddlers I talk about below, as well as everything else cloth your baby needs. It's a bit pricier than your Gerber or Carters, but I think well worth it.  

3.  Angel Care Bath Support Bather -Perfect for easing the munchkins into the bathtub situation. We could put them in the sink...but I like this better. It takes up a little bit of space but I think it's pretty awesome! 

4. Nail Polish-A must for any identical twin parent! Owen has orange and Payton has purple nail polish on a pinky finger so we can tell them apart. Judge me all you want for not being able to tell my babies apart, but no one else can seem to either. We'll come up with something a little more masculine when it comes time for them to go to school. 

5. Gerber Burp Cloths-We have a few different kinds, but these are by far the best. They're thick and therefore absorbent. Mama here does not like feeling the spit-up on her hand from the burp cloth, and these soak it up pretty well. They're also super soft, which I'm sure the boys appreciate when I'm wiping the milk off their cute little faces.

6. Dekor Diaper Pail-While researching the best diaper dumper to purchase, I came across this one that had reviews boasting that you do not need to purchase the specialty bags made specifically for that product. HELLO, you have my attention! With a number of colors to choose from and reviews like that, I was hooked. So far, we love it! We use our own grocery bags or regular, cheap garbage bags inside and works just as well. I was told by a few that we didn't need one, but I heard Rachel Green's mom lecturing her about how many times a baby goes and you can't leave them alone to take a single diaper to the dumpster...not that we have a dumpster situation in NYC, but I'm about efficiency and this does the job! 

7. Halo Sleep Sack Swaddler-This is probably our ultimate fave of all! The nurses in the NICU had the boys wrapped up in these and then sent us home with a few. (Which sounds nice and free, but you know that's not the case. I'm positive its on our tab.) Swaddling in blankets is an art form, my friends...and artists we are not. These are fleece so they keep your nuggets all nice and warm. They have velcro so they're easy to get them in and out of. I HIGHLY recommend these!! (Especially if you have two or more infants screaming in your house because they need swaddled. Ain't nobody got time to deal with a blanket in times like those!)
PS-Yes, that's my baby! 

8. Pampers Swaddlers-My favorite diapers. Not Kevin's. (He likes the Huggies.) But they both do their jobs soooo this recommendation is pretty pointless, isn't it? These are a bit more snug around our boys' little chicken legs, and I feel like the Huggies are a bit bigger on them. Which they are when you do a literal side-by-side comparaison of the two. 

9. Renu Rewetting drops...ok, this is for mama and any other contact-wearing person.  You sleep when you can and sometimes that means not giving a crap if you took your contacts out. For those who have those feelings, as I do, and have contacts that dry out a little bit after you sleep in them, as I do, then you need these. About $5 in the contact lens section of your favorite store. 

Stay tuned for another post in early August with our Month 2 favorites! 

No comments:

Post a Comment